Start lecture: 7-10 mins
Check of parents’ home work – what is done?
what are success in a child/adult in need.
What was presented, how it did go?
- 1. Theory
– Review of the MNRI concept of reflex integration.
1.1. Reflex maturation, brain development and learning
1.1.2. Reflexes and formation of extrapyramidal nerve net system (5-7 min.).
1.1.3. Reflexes and Emotional Development: Effect on Basal Ganglia Functions (5-7 min.).
1.1.4. Reflex Maturation: Effect on Cortical Functions and Learning (5-7 min.).
1.2. Reflexes integration vs. inhibition: why integration is the key to neurodevelopment and why inhibition is not a safe tool? (Example ATNR and Moro) (7-10 min.).
1.3. Case Discussion (Analyses of children with retained and poorly developed reflexes/questions): the Hands Pulling and Babkin Palmomental (10-15 min.).
2. Parent Practicum/Training:
How to work/exercise my child/adult in need?
(Go to video on-line with membership:http://www.MasgutovaMethod.com)
2.1. Hands Pulling Reflex (15 min.).
2.2. Babkin Palmomental (10 min.).
2.3. Babinski Reflex (15 min.).
– Definition. Chronology. Cases of dysfunctional and non-integrated reflexes (autism, CP, selective mutism).
– Practical demonstration of the basic exercise and variants.
– Rules of work with children with hypotonicity and hypertonicity (autism, CP, other)
– Home work to follow with your child (steps to start exercise as a procedure).
2.4. Preparation for discussion of results of your work with your child at home: did you manage to work out the exercise/s, to establish good cooperation? What challenges did you have. What point can you give for your own work? Give reasons, please.